Monday, April 12, 2010

Approaching a Solution | ONE | I

A Visit to the Government Dispensary




Since I had narrowed down the focus of my project, I decided to go to the government dispensary to have a look at the IFA tablets they were distributing.

When we got there, I was asked to hand over a prescription from a doctor to avail of the free tabs. When I explained where I was from, they showed me the tablets, around the same size as a Cadbury Gems candy, half an inch in diameter, round and disc-like. They were a magenta-red colour. When asked for how it was packaged, she showed me a stack of crisp printed waste paper, in which they wrapped the medicine.

My observations:
  • The pinkish colour of the tabs made it look like a sweet or candy.
  • The nature of the packaging was hardly durable, once opened the tabs could easily be lost or fall out.
  • Children about the house could easily misconstrue the tablets for candy, get a hold of them because of the inefficient packaging and consume them, and hence the risk for iron-poisoning in children is high.
  • The paper was arbit waste paper that could instead be used to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment