Monday, September 27, 2010

Discussion with Tarun

I received the following comments during the discussion with my guide, Tarun Deep Girdher.

  • Health is not something you tamper or take a risk with. Hence the existing packaging does not fit these requirements. Tablets should be provided in the safest possible packaging, i.e. a blister pack. Money is no object in regards to health matters.
  • Formulate a system of graphic design interventions showing possibilities whether it is for an NGO or the government for the tablets' dissemination. Concentrate on a few of these and execute.
  • Provide more motivation to the end user for taking the tablets. Give them incentive.
  • Take into account the objects and habits of their day to day lives as media for intervention.  
After this conversation I realised that I had gotten confused with what approaches were and concepts were. I had just come up with concepts and forgotten to fill in the blanks with an approach. This obviously means, I have to take a few steps back. Not all the work I did will be wasted at all, but I am seeing it from a different perspective. My next step is to take a detailed look at my end-user's life, her schedule and routine, the objects in her home and what she carries with her. From these understandings, a system is to be devised of how to target her through graphic design. Then some of these design solutions will be worked on by me which will now include concepts. I am glad my guide is so methodical because I am so used to working in a different way!


N.B. The jury for my Semester Three approved my earlier concepts, however on instruction by my guide I am going back and revising with the system as well as a new concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment