Monday, November 22, 2010

Approaching a Solution | TWO | IV

IMAGERY
Worked on the illustrations for the little booklet and also the stickers.
As outlined before, they are plain line drawings, using varying thicknesses to indicate depth.

The woman I drew I tried to make as generic as possible, wearing a salwar kameez would not alienate both the largest communities (Hindu/Muslim) or even the small ones. I shall perhaps refine these drawings even more, and since they are in vector, it shouldn't be too difficult.
Here they are:



SETTING SIZES
This was tough considering I had never done this before. After a great deal of testing out what would fit, I settled on an 18" x 23" stock for stickers and 36" x 23" stock for the booklets. I managed to fit 70 5 x 5cm stickers on one sheet of sticker coated stock. On one piece of stock I managed to allow 18 29 x 8.6cm accordion booklets (front and back). The size had to be optimum to fill up a purse, but not so small that the diagrams would have no impact. The booklet would have 5 faces. The stickers had to be simple and large. Please click on images below to enlarge. (Grey areas for space reserved for gripper margins and registration marks)

Stickers (5x5cm) 70 on one sheet:















Accordion Booklet (5.8 cm x 8.6cm --closed, 29cm x 8.6cm --open), 18 on one sheet, either side:

No comments:

Post a Comment