Sunday, December 12, 2010

Acknowledgments

First off, I would like to thank my guide, Mr. Tarun Deep Girdher for being the driving force behind this project and for helping me select this topic, which is so close to my heart: women’s issues. I would also like to express my gratitude to Mrs. Lakshmi Murthy for her hospitality and time and for showing me her work. She is truly passionate about her work and it shows with the level of expertise she has acquired in the field of social communication. I would also like to thank my dear classmate Mudra, who had accompanied me to several of the meetings I had with the NGOs, their community health workers and of course the women residing in the slums. Throughout the project, Mudra let me bounce ideas off her and we had discussions on the same. Her sensitivity, concern and expertise in handling a subject like this is extraordinary for her age. Without her invaluable help, this project would not have culminated  into even a fraction of what it is. I would also like to thank my seniors Armeen Kapadia for her encouragement, Sanjay Basavaraju for his valuable feedback and all the others.
I am very lucky to have a supportive family and friends who have goaded me on all throughout my education. Thanks so much, Papa, Mummy, Yorick Pinto, Deepti Thomas and Anisha Crasto.
Lastly, but certainly not the least, a big thank you to Dr. Hanif Lakdawala, his team and all the Community Health Workers (CHWs) at Sanchetana. Without them, this project would not have been possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment