Thursday, October 7, 2010

Approaching a Solution | TWO | II

FOCUS ON THE HOME

Since the home is the most important especially since, as opposed to men, women are generally more participative in domestic and household activities, I decided to focus on this area. The remnant media will all tie-in with the same concepts.

Reminders and Take Home Media
As detailed before, I had several issues with my media which came up in my discussion with Tarun.
I decided to rectify them with redesigning the media I had come up with. While I am still keeping some things the same and intact, a change was necessary.

I'm still going with the idea of the purse to take home tablets in.
Each purse will contain:
  • 30 Iron Tablets
  • An accordion booklet.
  • Stickers that can be stuck on mirrors or anywhere around the house that serve as reminders.
I will procure actual blister packs, and a purse they could fit in, considering the budget.

The booklet will feature a woman on one side when unfolded, vertically. She will have a name and there is a small write up about her: She is healthy, not lethargic, her eyes are pink underneath, and she can work well, her extremities do not experience numbness. This is the incentive, the dream I am giving the woman. On the back is how achieve it, how to take the tablets properly.

The stickers sit inside the purse and can be reminders, re-enforcing the information.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mira.

    any progress on this after the 7th October?

    atleast the jury's feedback and your own reflections after that deserves to be uploaded.

    I hope you have not abondened the project. It is a very important area of graphic design intervention and your process uptill (though sporadic and intermittent) is very insightful....

    regards
    /T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tarun,

    All will be uploaded today as I have taken photos and all! So please do check when you have the time, I know you are very busy!

    ReplyDelete